Letter to Anita: "Where is God?"


Dear Anita,

I heard a big question from you the other day, “Where is God?”

As I write this, I am listening to the sound of the sea in front of me
Looking at the sun setting behind an island in the far distance
Pondering and wondering

The sound of the sea is strong and deep,
From a far, the rhythm is calming
The radiance of the sun is bright and yellow
Coloring the sky around it

God is strong and bright, I believe
Somehow frightening.
Yet,
God is deep and calming
And the color God has put in our lives is inviting

Dear Anita,
The bright sun is almost covered now by the clouds.
It gets darker. In seconds the sky will be dark
Yet, we know,
Then we can see another sun in the sky
Stars that God plants for us
And our sun will be there for other parts of the earth

There is certainty in uncertainty, just as in the bright daylight

Dear Anita,
I wish you were here with me
Experiencing God gazing upon you lovingly from the vast sky
Hearing God calling your name longingly in between the waves
I wish you were here with me.

Dewi fcJ
Santa Casa, Queenscliff, December 2018


To see the Indonesian translation, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts