Lessons for Life’s Pilgrimage



"Harmony with God and harmony with the universe 
become part of persons who want to be perfect." 
Lina fcJ (right) with Ciony fcJ (left)


I really thank God for the graced opportunity to do a pilgrimage in Paris last July, to visit some places where Marie Madeleine had lived, worked, and prayed. It was wonderful to be able to meet FCJ sisters from other parts of the world. There were 16 of us from 7 different countries. We got to know each other and shared our life stories.

I was also grateful for God’s guidance during the pilgrimage. When I was in Paris, I struggled with many new things, like the food, language and culture. However, the struggles we experienced as a group united us and invited me to dare to learn new things. From this experience, I also discovered beauty in companionship.

This pilgrimage experience in Paris was one of the most beautiful gifts of God in my life. Our visit to St Roque’s Hospice in Issoudun, where Marie Madeleine had cared for people with typhus, is still clearly recorded in my head and beautifully carved into my heart. At that time, Sr. Claire Sykes fcJ who was accompanying us invited us to enter the hospital chapel and pray for what we wanted cured. At that time I asked that my heart be healed so that I would love God more and love more in everything. When I came out of the chapel, I really felt healed, and that the Holy Spirit had given new strength to my soul. It was truly an unforgettable experience. Because of that experience of being healed, I was full of new spirit, a passionate person taking part in the pilgrimage.

I enjoyed every moment of the pilgrimage. I hope that, as FCJs, all of us can also enjoy every moment of our life’s pilgrimage as FCJs. Keep growing in inner silence and keep sharing beauty, love, truth and goodness with all God’s creation in this universe, with joy and fidelity. Let Marie Madeleine’s desire only to do God’s will become our desire too. I believe that in all things our loving God in heaven will accompany us and bless us with tender love.

Lina, fcJ




Comments

Popular Posts