“I am the handmaid of the Lord”

This piece was written by Maria at Thanksgiving after making first vows.



December 8, 2018, was a joyous day in my life. It was the feast of the Annunciation, and just as Mary placed her trust in God and responded ‘Yes’ to God’s call, I, too, followed her way of offering myself to God.  I responded to God’s call to be an FCJ with courage and confidence, because God had granted me abundant graces and prayers, support and encouragement through the FCJ sisters, family and friends. Every time I reflect on my vocation, I feel it is a miracle and I am always amazed by how God has worked in my life, and by God’s beautiful surprises. On that day, I felt strongly God’s love through the people who surrounded me, including FCJ sisters and friends from around the world who were praying for me. I was filled with gratitude for the support of my families, friends and FCJ sisters, especially for their hard work in preparing for the ceremonies.  My heart overflowed with gratitude for the prayerful support, encouragement, wishes, gorgeous cards and surprising gifts that I received.  All that I have received will nourish me and strengthen me in my journey as a woman on mission and as a Faithful Companion of Jesus.

Maria Khaing Nyein Aye, fcJ

Comments

Popular Posts